As member of the Upstream Research Department team, leading the introduction and development of innovative technologies in Puratos, this role is focusing on identifying, developing and validating emerging and disruptive processing technologies in the field of bakery, patisserie and chocolate processing.The function requires strong creative, hands-on and collaborative skills, as well an extensive external and internal network.
· To take the lead in proactively and creatively sourcing, building and developing breakthrough processing technologies to leverage and support product and process innovations throughout Puratos.
· To make interdependently connections between new processing technologies (even outside food business) and product opportunities across the Puratos portfolio, and to convince the business of these opportunities.
· To extend and build an external network, mainly throughout Europe, of companies, start-ups, Universities and Expertise Centers having a link to development and validation of existing and new processing technologies. To source actively for highly valuable collaborations with these partners and start-up new structural collaborations.
· To set-up, lead and support cross-departmental teams to leverage implementation of new processing technologies supporting NPD.
· To focus on sustainability impact of existing and new processing, having a holistic view to reduce CO2 footprint / waste in the broadest possible approach (drying technologies, processing water, raw material and processing waste streams, …).
· To consult and/or advise Group Engineering teams & Local Engineering teams on potential processing technologies, identified through the different open innovation platforms.
· To communicate actively own expertise, projects, future developments etc. throughout Puratos Group by different media (e.g. community presentations, social media, practical sessions, trainings, regional seminars).
· To (pro-)actively collaborate and communicate in professional organizations and networks (e.g. conferences, social media platforms) to leverage own expertise and use it in (potential) Puratos projects.
· To have keen interest in emerging & disruptive technologies and take part of different platforms / work groups dealing with these subjects.
Who are we looking for?
· You have 2 – 5 years of experience, ideally engaged within an innovative & entrepreneurial setting, preferably business environment (food or non-food).
· You have a master degree in Civil, Industrial or Bio-Engineering (Mechanical, (Bio-)Chemical, Process Engineering).
· A technically skilled and oriented person, having a creative and hands-on mindset with an open view on opportunities between different businesses.
· An established insight in properties & structures of food-ingredients and –matrices is a strong asset (knowledge of food fermentation is a plus) to be able to match new technologies to food processing.
· Possessing an entrepreneurial mindset, strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Stakeholder and project management (incl. understanding of cost drivers) skills are a strong asset. Having the ability to guide, lead and take part of multiple projects in parallel.
· The ability to work across a matrix organization.
· The ability to influence people and decisions in a positive, non-hierarchical and effective way is essential.
Why would you join Puratos?
You will join a stable family business that has become an international market leader with a strong corporate culture and a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship. You will receive plenty of room to take initiative. In that way, you will contribute to the company’s success. A challenging work environment with varied tasks is what you can expect:
· many responsibilities and the possibility to take ownership of your work
· training and career opportunities to evolve within the company
You can count on a competitive salary package with benefits such as
· meal vouchers (8€/day)
· free group and hospitalization insurance
· company car and fuel card
· bonus plan
Watch our corporate movie and feel the Puratos Magic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oWeohwqgW4&t=69s
Who are we?
The secrets behind Puratos’ global success and consistent growth are taste and quality. We would like to welcome you within our enthusiastic, committed and passionate team of more than 8800 employees. We are an international player and, what is more, a Belgian family business. Our people make the difference every single day. How? By developing, producing and distributing a unique and high-quality range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers, since 1919.
A century later, our products and services are available in more than 100 countries around the world. Our passion for innovation, closeness to our customers, and their customers, as well as our core values form the basis of our passion to improve.
Working at Puratos is choosing a Top Employer in Belgium.
Shall we meet soon?
Puratos LinkedIn platform: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1383100855