Scientia Terrae is a not-for-profit-organization that functions as a research, service and education institute for the benefit of the horticulture industry and food sector. The company has positioned itself at the interface between the academic world and the agriculture industry to translate fundamental science into practical solutions and real-world applications.
Because of continuous growth, Scientia Terrae is looking for an Expert Biobased Chemistry to expand their team.
In this position at Scientia Terrae, you will be responsible for experimental work and support concerning diverse chemical challenges within simultaneous research projects regarding product- and process optimization, as well as product development. You will have a strong collaboration and interaction with the various research teams at Scientia Terrae, as well as with the teams of R&D, Product Management and Production at DCM (De Ceuster Meststoffen in Grobbendonk). In general, your role will strongly focus on your expertise in biobased chemistry, where your main goals will be:
- Developing biobased chemical formulations (primarily liquids) in the field of organic fertilizers, biocontrol products and biostimulants
- Searching and using raw materials and additives that can be used in biological farming, to obtain chemically and biologically stable products that retain their quality parameters during storage
- Sourcing, developing and applying extraction methods that are allowed to be used in biological farming
- Translating formulations from lab scale to production scale
- Initiating innovative biochemical techniques and ensuring a thorough follow up after implementation
- Following up plant trials to better understand the effects of different formulations regarding plant growth
- Writing protocols and maintaining accurate and extensive documentation in accordance with internal procedures
- Developing a network of interesting external stakeholders that can provide extra support/knowledge regarding new methods and techniques
You have a Master degree in Bio-engineering: Chemistry & Bioprocess technology, Master in Chemistry, Master in Catalytic Technology or a Master in Industrial Sciences: Chemistry and you have a least five years of experience within a similar of related position. Furthermore, you have an outspoken interest for the horticultural and agricultural sector.
You are passionate about working in the lab and you consider yourself to be a real specialist in formulation technology. However, within every project, you stay absolutely solution focused in your approach.
You have strong communication skills and you have a good pragmatic attitude. You are action and goal oriented and you show a high analytical capacity with strong creative problem solving qualities.
You are a true team player with excellent interpersonal skills that make it possible to work efficiently with people of all backgrounds. On the other hand, you are able to work very independently and you show strong eager to take initiative. You fit perfectly within a matrix structure. When required, you are willing to work flexibly to achieve deadlines and you are willing to travel to Grobbendonk occasionally.
You are fluent in English (speaking and writing) and you can work with an international and diverse team. Knowledge of Dutch is seen as an asset.
Scientia Terrae’s offer
Scientia Terrae offers a challenging and innovative environment where you can play an important role in a dynamic research center that works in close collaboration with the family holding Group De Ceuster. Initiative and professionalism are greatly appreciated within a company that’s represented by an open culture and a high involvement of its employees. Your remuneration will be in accordance with your experience and responsibilities.
Find out more about this job offer and the application process at: