- This event has passed.
Hydrogen innovation in Flanders: Insights by essenscia and the Spearhead Clusters
June 22 @ 10:00 - 12:00
A warm welcome to our event “Hydrogen innovation in Flanders: Insights by essenscia and the Spearhead Clusters” which will take place on the morning of the 22nd of June at the Lindner WTC Hotel & City Lounge in Antwerp (Lange Kievitstraat 125, B-2018 Antwerp, Room New York, 2nd floor). This is a side event of the European Hydrogen Financing Forum.This is a two-hours inspiration session, brought to you by essenscia and the Flemish Spearhead clusters Flux50, the Blue Cluster, SIM Flanders and Catalisti. Main purpose of the session: Present Flemish hydrogen research and trends that may inspire new business ideas! For this event, we selected some innovation topics for you, and hope to create an enjoyable setting for interpersonal exchanges.
Let’s first dive into the industrial future of hydrogen in Belgium/Flanders, brought to you by Saartje Swinnen (essenscia flanders). Next, get inspired by our three speakers Jan Vaes (VITO), Maarten Houlleberghs (KU Leuven), and Jan Cornillie (3E) on ongoing hydrogen innovations in Flanders. Finally, an interactive panel conversation and closing remarks will wrap up the session. All presentations will be in English.
We start at 9h30 with registration and coffee, the sessions will start at 10h:
- Welcome/Introduction (Marc Nuytemans – Blue Cluster, Annie Renders – VLAIO)
- The industrial future of hydrogen in Belgium/Flanders (Saartje Swinnen – essenscia)
- Hydrogen innovation in Flanders (moderated by Guido Verhoeven – SIM Flanders):
- Jan Vaes (VITO)
- Maarten Houlleberghs (KU Leuven)
- Jan Cornillie (3E)
- Q&A – Panel discussion (moderated by Frederik Loeckx – Flux50 / Ann Verlinden – Catalisti)
- Closure (City of Antwerp)
Ending around aproximately 12h00.